Friday, May 16, 2008

Character Building

Greetings:

"Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15 (NLT)

We often work so hard at so many things, yet think that our character is something that just happens. God tells us to "work hard" at developing who we are. This is something that we need to pay attention to 24/7/365. I am so surprised at how it seems no matter where I go, I run into someone that I know. I go to the Mall - there are some of the students there. I went to get my haircut - a person from the church was there. We went to the beach and ran into school families there. I cannot afford to let my character lag for one minute - there are others watching.

Philips Brooks an American Bishop of the 19th century stated: "Some day, in years to come, you will be wrestling with the great temptation, or trembling under the great sorrow of your life. But the real struggle is here, now, in these quiet weeks. Now it is being decided whether, in the day of your supreme sorrow or temptation, you shall miserably fail or gloriously conquer. Character cannot be made except by a steady, long continued process."

Remember that others are watching you too, and keep working that you may hear Jesus say, "Well done."

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------