I was thinking about fear. I had just opened an older book of mine that I had written notes in, and there was a list of the top ten fears of people. Curious, I thought I would Google this idea and see how the lists would compare. I was surprised to find that in under 30 seconds, Google had produced 12,600,000 different selections.
One sight called the Phobia List - listed over 530 different identified phobias out there. People are afraid of a lot of things. I hope that none of you have Didaskaleinophobia.
God has often in His Word encouraged us not to fear. (The following sampling is from the Holman Christian Standard Bible)
- Psalm 56: 4, 11 - "...in God I trust; I will not fear."
- Psalm 112: 7 - "He will not fear bad news; his heart is confident, trusting in the LORD."
- Isaiah 35: 4 - "Be strong; do not fear! Here is your God"
- Isaiah 41: 10 - "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God."
- Zephaniah 3: 16 - "Do not fear; Zion, do not let your hands grow weak."
- 1 John 4: 18 - "There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear."
By the way, that fear I mentioned earlier - is the fear of going to school.
Have a good day in the Lord.
For Kingdom Education,
[The website for the Phobia list is - http://phobialist.com/index.html]