Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Freedom to....

Greetings:

"You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature..." Galatians 5:13
I love that the New Testament teaches that I am finally truly free. I love having freedom. I looked forward to growing up so that I can be free to do as I want. As I studied the Bible over the years, I find that God provided my salvation to restore my fellowship with Him, and to set me free from the bondage of sin. As Paul says in this verse - I am called to be free. Free - but not to fulfill the sinful nature that I still have until I stand before Him in eternity.

So, what is my freedom for? What do I have the freedom to do? Paul finishes the statement this way -- "...rather, serve one another in love." One of the ways that I believe more people would want to know more about Christianity would be if they saw Christians serving one another rather that always seeking to be served. If they saw us serving others outside of the family with love and not for any type of reciprocal action.

Today, your assignment is to seek out someone, and do some act of service for them with no thought of reward or reciprocity. Do it because through God you love them. As we each preform these acts of service - others will want to have what we have.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------