Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Lifelong Learners

Greetings:

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11:29.

My children always joke whenever I complete a degree - "OK, now what are you going to get next." I dropped out of college in the early '70's, went back in the '80's - and have taken some sort of courses almost continually since them. (Right now I am taking a course on Marriage Enrichment).

We must always seek to learn more. That is one major reason that I read over 50 books a year - to keep learning. John C. Dana said, "Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." I believe this is true of our knowledge of God. I have been a Christian for over 46 years - and I daily learn more about God.

I believe that if you are not learning, you are deteriorating. If you are not improving, you are stagnating - and stagnant water just plain stinks.

Today - start seeking to learn at least one new thing. Tomorrow another. And keep up seeking to add to your vast storehouse of knowledge.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------