Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Co-Laborers with God - The Important One




1 Corinthians 3: 5-7 - What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow.

Paul is dealing with the issue of divisions within the Church at Corinth. These divisions revolved around the people of Corinth looking to the men who led them to the Lord instead of the Lord Himself. They placed their importance upon who led them to the Lord instead of looking to Jesus to lead them in their mission. Paul called them immature or babies. 

Paul wanted them to see that it is not the human person that is important. He wanted them to understand that the focus, the importance of their christian walk was Jesus Christ - and Him crucified, buried, and risen again.

We need to come to the point that we truly understand that our task is to live the life and share about Jesus - God's task is to do the saving. I can't save anyone. Only God can save a soul. I can plant a seed about Jesus, or I can water and weed, but I can't make it grow. Every good gardner and farmer knows that they cultivate the soil, fertilize, plant, water, weed - but they can't make the seed germinate or grow. 

The same is true in the spiritual realm. I can live before my neighbors a life that displays Christ. I can share with them what Jesus has done for me. I can talk, pray, and invite them to church. I can help remove hindrances - I can do everything that I can, and it is up to God to do the saving.

HE IS THE IMPORTANT ONE! So, why do we get so hung up on titles, denominations, etc? None can save, only Christ. God will take what we sow and germinate it and grow it into His plant. We should never worry about whether a person comes to our church or not - the important thing is that they understand and accept the Gospel message. God will do the growing if we are doing the sowing.

Today, muse over how you can share the good news with those you come in contact with. How can you plant or water today. And then - go do it.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------