Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Our Resurrected Body - Not Weakness, But Power


1 Corinthians 15:42-43 - "So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power."

It is the task of every believer to be prepared for the Return of Christ.

We conclude this brief time of musing over the two verses in 1 Corinthians 15 speaking of the exchange of our bodies - worthless, not held in esteem for those that are considered important, never ending. We will no longer be in a state of continual degradation, we will be in an eternal state of perfection.

Muse today over the fact that our weak bodies will be changed to those of power.The Greek calls this our bodies of infirmity. The word infirmity means a bodily ailment or weakness, especially one brought on by old age, a condition or disease producing weakness, a failing or defect in a person's character. If we stop and consider this, our bodies fall into this category. I am continually aging. What I could do 20 years ago, takes greater effort. I often joke that I have a 20 year old mind trapped in a 62 year old body. Aging makes us weaker. Slowly, but it is guaranteed. 

Paul tells us that our bodies here are weak, but when exchanged for the resurrected boy - they will be strong. The Greek word used here means power, strength, efficiency, ability and energy. While I am in this body, I grow a little weaker, a little less efficient in the use of my body, I start to lose some of my abilities, and my energy. But, one day, because I have accepted Jesus Christ, this body will be replaced with one that has power and energy that is unlimited.

Ponder today that God has promised us a body that is without decay, with great honor, and unlimited potential and energy. You have this, if you have repented, and called upon Jesus to come and be your Savior. If you haven't, take time to ask Him in today.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------