Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Holy One


Job 6:10 - "Then should I yet have comfort; yea, I would harden myself in sorrow: let him not spare; for I have not concealed the words of the Holy One."

The Holy Spirit is called the Holy One because He is sent from God to help us live in a holy and godly manner. Holy means separated, set apart, to be pure and pristine. He is sent to us to help us as sinful people get ready to live with a pure and Holy God. Consider what Jesus said about Him in John 16:7 - 11 - "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: Of sin, because they believe not on me; Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged."

The Holy Spirit will convict us of our sin to help us live a holy life before God. He will give us a guide to walk and live in righteousness, and to be aware of the judgment on those who reject Christ. He will help us to be holy if we have a deep desire to live for God. He is sent to make us holy before God. Jesus removes our sin penalty before God, the Holy Spirit leads us into a right living before God.

Today, spend some time musing over the truth and power in the Holy Spirit being the Holy One, the One sent to guide us into all holiness in our lives. Let Him take control and lead you in the right way.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------