Friday, September 5, 2014

Top Ten Fears




I was thinking about fear. I had just opened an older book of mine that I had written notes in, and there was a list of the top ten fears of people. Curious, I thought I would Google this idea and see how the lists would compare. I was surprised to find that in under 30 seconds, Google had produced 12,600,000 different selections.

One sight called the Phobia List - listed over 530 different identified phobias out there. People are afraid of a lot of things. I hope that none of you have Didaskaleinophobia. 

God has often in His Word encouraged us not to fear. (The following sampling is from the Holman Christian Standard Bible)

Psalm 56: 4, 11 - "...in God I trust; I will not fear."
Psalm 112: 7 - "He will not fear bad news; his heart is confident, trusting in the LORD."
Isaiah 35: 4 - "Be strong; do not fear! Here is your God"
Isaiah 41: 10 - "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God."
Zephaniah 3: 16 - "Do not fear; Zion, do not let your hands grow weak."
1 John 4: 18 - "There is no fear in love; instead, perfect love drives out fear."

So, God wants us to live a life free of fear. Stand up, step out, and trust Him who cares for us.

By the way, that fear I mentioned earlier - is the fear of going to school.

Have a good day in the Lord.


[The website for the Phobia list is - http://phobialist.com/index.html]



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------