Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Get a grasp




August 21

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 119:1 – 48

Verse of the Day: Psalm 119:11 – “Thy word have I laid up in my heart, That I might not sin against thee.”

For the next couple of days, we will camp in the longest section of Scripture – Psalm 119. It is an acrostic psalm – for each of the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet there is an eight verse section. The entire psalm is in praise of the Torah or what we would call the Scriptures. Eight words are used over and over again as synonyms for God’s revelation to man. As you read look carefully for the words Law, testimonies, way, precepts, statutes, commandments, judgments, and word.

Our verse today answers the question that is raised in verse 9 – “Wherewith shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.” 

Prayer: Lord, may I realize the importance of Your Word in my life. Help me get a firm grasp on Your Word by memorizing it. Then may it get a firm grasp on me. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------