Thursday, August 30, 2018

Remember, meditate, and muse




August 30

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 142 – 144

Verse of the Day: Psalm 143:5 – “I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy doings; I muse on the work of thy hands.”

Remember, meditate, muse – a trilogy of words that call us to pause. They are different ways to develop courage, faith, and dependence upon God.

Remember (zâkar) means to call to mind, to make a memorial. Today, pause and call to mind the many things that God has done for you. He has saved you, forgiven you, cleansed you, redeemed you, and delivered you. When we call to mind these things, it brings a sense of trust.

Meditate (hâgâh) and muse (śı̂yach) carry the concepts of speaking and uttering. Today, speak and utter praise for all that God has done.

Prayer: Holy and wonderful God, today remind my heart of Your great things. Call to my mind the blessings that I have been the recipient of, and help me to mutter and speak of Your great ways. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------