Sunday, September 23, 2018

Beauty in the eye of the beholder




September 23

Daily Bible Reading: Song of Songs 6 – 8

Verse of the Day: Song of Songs 6:4 – “Thou art fair, O my love, as Tirzah, Comely as Jerusalem, Terrible as an army with banners.”

When we read this passage today, we might wince at the descriptions that Solomon uses for his bride’s beauty. I am not sure if a man should tell a woman these exact words today. Hair like goats, teeth like a flock of sheep – I think that this loses in the translation, or culture of today.

What we do find though is a good lesson that as men we should be observant of our wives (and wives this goes for you too). We need to be able to find words that describe the beauty that we find in the one that God has given to us. Practicing this will help us to remain true to the one that we have married.

Prayer: Open my eyes and heart, Lord, let me see my mate as the one that You have prepared and provided just for me. Help me to see and say to them the beauty that lies in them. Amen and Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------