Friday, October 5, 2018

World or God?



October 5

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 31 - 33

Verse of the Day: Isaiah 31:1 – “Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help, and rely on horses, and trust in chariots because they are many, and in horsemen because they are very strong, but they look not unto the Holy One of Israel, neither seek Jehovah!”

The prophet is here warning the nation not to rely on Egypt instead of trusting God. Egypt in the Scriptures is often a word-picture for the material world around us. We can see a warning for us today from this passage. “Look” in Hebrew means to look with interest or respect. Seek Jehovah means to refer to His prophets or message.

Are we guilty today of seeking the solution and trusting our world around us instead of trusting God? Do we seek our own answers or the leading of God?

Prayer: God of All, may I put my trust in You and not in the world I see around me. The world will fail me, but I know that You will never leave me or fail me. Thank You. Amen.






No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------