Monday, November 19, 2018

Defiant




November 19

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 20 – 21

Verse of the Day: Ezekiel 20:8 – “But they rebelled against me, and would not hearken unto me; they did not every man cast away the abominations of their eyes, neither did they forsake the idols of Egypt. Then I said I would pour out my wrath upon them, to accomplish my anger against them in the midst of the land of Egypt.”

The attitude of defiance, more than any other attitude will kindle God’s anger. That means we need to remember that our defiance gives Him every right to be angry with us. We have broken His Holy plan for us, and in turn we must remember that He wants us to live in fellowship with Him, and we have chosen to be disobedient and defiant.

Prayer: God Mercy, Father of Grace, as I ponder over my way of living, I am aware of the times that I have defiantly chosen to live my way instead of Your way. Father, when you chasten me, I sometimes act as if I don’t understand why, but I do. Forgive me. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------