Friday, April 13, 2018

I forced myself




April 13

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 13 – 14

Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 13:12 – “…therefore said I, Now will the Philistines come down upon me to Gilgal, and I have not entreated the favor of Jehovah: I forced myself therefore, and offered the burnt-offering.” 

Saul had overstepped his bounds. He was King of Israel, but not a prophet or priest. God was going to lead them into battle that day. They were to wait until Samuel came and offered the offering. However, time kept passing, the people were becoming frightened, and so Saul took matters into his own hands. He offered the offering. And because of this (a seemingly good act) Saul would lose his kingdom. Doesn’t seem right? God had given instructions and Saul “forced” himself to disobey them. And in turn, God had to judge and deliver a message via Samuel. We need to learn to wait on God’s timing for total success.

Prayer: Today, Father, as I find myself trying to do things my way instead of Yours, help me to be aware and follow You. Amen. 


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------