Thursday, April 12, 2018

Sin against God




April 12

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 10 – 12

Verse of the Day: 1 Samuel 12:23 – “Moreover as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against Jehovah in ceasing to pray for you: but I will instruct you in the good and the right way.” 

This is an interesting statement that Samuel makes to the people of Israel. They have pleaded with him to intercede with God on their behalf. The logical response I would expect is – “far be it from me that I should sin against you in ceasing to pray for you….” 

I had pondered this statement of Samuel’s for some time. And then, God gave me some insight into this verse. God wants us to be intercessors praying for those who are in need around us – physically and spiritually. To not come before God on behalf of others would be a sin (see James 4:17), and all sin is basically against God. Wow, when I grasp that sin is always against God, what a difference it will make in the way I live.

Prayer: Father, keep me from sin. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------