Thursday, June 14, 2018

Life-long Learning




June 14

Daily Bible Reading: Ezra 6 – 8

Verse of the Day: Ezra 7:10 – “For Ezra had set his heart to seek the law of Jehovah, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and ordinances.”

I am a life-long learner. My children (and other relatives) often ask as I complete one course of study – “What’s next?” we should never stop learning, reading, or researching matters until we die. Never believe something just because someone says it. Check it out.

This goes for God’s Word also. It is our authority, our final answer, the final resting place for our cares, worries, surprises and sorrows. Studying and digging into God’s Word will provide what nothing else can – ultimate true knowledge and assurance.

Prayer: God of all Wisdom, help me to make Your Word my first place to look when I need wisdom and understanding. Help me to make Your Word my first reading of the day, and the final answer of my problems. May I place total trust in Your Word. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------