Saturday, August 4, 2018

God of Refuge




August 4

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 73 – 74

Verse of the Day: Psalm 73:1 – “Surely God is good to Israel, Even to such as are pure in heart.” 

We enter into the third division of the Psalms at this point. It has been said to resemble the Book of Leviticus and focus basically on Worship and Sanctuary. This section covers the Psalms 73 to 89.

The section begins with Psalm 73 singing about the tragedy of the wicked and the blessings of trust in God. It deals with a crisis of faith – beginning with a statement of God’s goodness and quickly moves into a description of envy of the wicked. Thankfully, the writer takes us through the process and brings us out at the last verse with –“ But it is good for me to draw near unto God: I have made the Lord Jehovah my refuge, That I may tell of all thy works.”(vs. 28).

Prayer: God of Refuge, I come to You to strengthen my faith and trust in Your goodness, mercy, and grace. I hide in You today. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------