Tuesday, August 14, 2018

HALLELUJAH!




August 14

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 99 – 102

Verse of the Day: Psalm 100:1 – “Make a joyful noise unto Jehovah, all ye lands.”

The Hebrew word form used here for “make a joyful noise,” is an electrifying command to offer public praise. This command is not directed to Israel – it is proclaimed to all the earth. 

We fall under that category today. This is a timeless, borderless command for all of Creation to follow. I get up early every morning, and as I go outside to exercise, I hear the birds declaring praise to their maker. In the evening when I sit on my porch, I hear the frogs and insects in an orchestra of sounds declaring their praise to God.

Often Creation does a better job of public praise than we do. Today, take a chance – don’t worry who is around, sound out some public praise for God.

Prayer: HALLELUJAH! May I shout praises to Your Name in this day You have given me. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------