Friday, August 10, 2018

I have a Complaint




August 10

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 88 – 89

Verse of the Day: Psalm 88:1 – “O Jehovah, the God of my salvation, I have cried day and night before thee.”

Psalm 88 at first glance appears to be a Psalm of Lament, except for one difference. The Psalms of Lament always begins with the lamentation but concludes with a return to trust and praise. This Psalm does not end that way. So, it is called a Psalm of Complaint. 

What encourages me with this song is that it reminds me that when I come to God, I can come honestly. I can come with my questions and complaints. God knows me, and He already knows how I truly feel. Part of the title of this Psalm is that it is the suffering of affliction.

When we are faced with grave afflictions in our lives, God doesn’t expect us to put on a plastic smile when we come to Him, He is listening for our hurts, our needs, and our complaints.

Prayer: Father, I hurt – fix me. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------