Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Last Devotional for the School Year

Greetings:

2 Timothy is Paul's last recorded letter. It was written shortly before his death, and it was sent to his beloved son in the ministry - Timothy. Paul wrote the letters to Timothy to encourage and lift his spirits.

The devotions that I have written and sent each morning have been a labor of love from me to you. As I sit and put these together, I am thinking of all of you - and often one in particular that day who might need a lift. As I have often said - I pray for you - and these devotions have come from my heart lifted to God for you.

Having been in the classroom, I am aware of the "daily grind" that sometimes can get us down. I am aware of the feeling of "Am I really making a difference?" And, God challenged me to lift you up this year each morning not only in prayer, but with a word that He had placed upon my heart for you. For some, a particular days devotion hit home, for others they may have seemed to be the ramblings of an old man. One thing I am confident about you - just as Paul admitted to the church at Philippi - I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. (Phil. 1:6, HCSB)

As Paul closed his last letter to Timothy, I close this last devotion with these words to you - The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you!

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------