Friday, June 20, 2008

Refreshment

Greetings:

My wife and I are getting ready to draw aside for some much needed rest and renewing. Jesus often drew aside to pray and seek God. He stated that we must take time to refresh our bodies and minds.

God designed man to rest each day, and to take one day a week to rest, He even designed for Israel to give the land a rest every seven years.

I often wonder, why do we tax ourselves and not follow the Lord's design. My wife and I look forward to going to the mountains in the summer, and in Oct/Nov to the shore for a short retreat each year.

Well, I must go and prepare our house and yard, my clothes and other items (i.e. books) for the time we will be away. May God bless our time of refreshing.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------