Friday, July 18, 2008

High Thinking

Greetings:

Wow! Summer is flying by! In about 5 weeks the wonderful young charges that God has placed in our hands will be back eagerly (?) wanting to learn all the knowledge that we can give them. I hope that you are praying already about your class, your students, yourself in connection with this coming year.

Paul wrote to the church at Colosse, "Set your minds on what is above, not on what is on the earth." (Col. 3:2, HCSB). I often can be earth-focused instead of God-focused. (I know that you don't suffer from this malady).

I find that too often I spend my time concerned with the turmoils around me, and I don't even consider that God is on His throne. I can easily focus on the circumstances around me and think that everything is wrapped up in them. God challenges me throughout His Word to look at Him, to consider His ways, to see what He is doing in my life. Often when I am dealing with the issues in my life, I try to work through them with an earth-focus - when the real solution can only be found when I am God-focused.

Today, I want to challenge you to find a God-focus for your life. No matter what you are facing - look at it through the lenses of God's eyes, and it will take a totally different perspective. Center your minds upon God, and let Him direct you to the solutions you need.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------