Wednesday, December 3, 2008

True religion

Greetings:

James 1: 26,27 (The Message) - Anyone who sets himself up as "religious" by talking a good game is self-deceived. This kind of religion is hot air and only hot air. Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight, and guard against corruption from the godless world."

"What you do speaks louder than what you say." I remember hearing that one time, and it cut me to the quick. I was trying to reach a fellow co-worker at a job with the gospel message. However, being immature, I began to "fit in" with the other guys at work. Nothing really bad - but a little "off-color" in many areas. Finally, one day when I was trying to guide the conversation to his need for Christ, he said those words. I was stunned. I was humiliated. I lost my opportunity to reach this young man. We must be careful what we do - at all times, in all ways.

Louis Nizer, an American Lawyer said, "True religion is the life we lead, not the creed we profess." What is your life saying?

For Kingdom Education,
Doc


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------