Friday, March 20, 2009

Seasons

Greetings:

Today, let me digress into my thoughts about the change of this season.

Gen. 1:14 (NIV) - "And God said, 'Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years....'"

Today on most calendars marks the first day of Spring. It is the vernal equinox and lasts until the summer solstice. In spring, the axis of the Earth is tilted toward the Sun and the length of daylight rapidly increases for the our hemisphere. The hemisphere begins to warm significantly causing new plant growth to "spring forth," giving the season its name.

Impressed with my knowledge? I got it out of books. Really, for me, Spring is that time of year when things turn green, plants bloom, and I can look forward to summer and the beach. Wow. I am really deep when it comes to this. :-)

God has ordained the seasons. Seasons of the year, and seasons of life. We are moving out of the cold winter and into the warmer spring. I always look at this in a spiritual way - moving from the coldness of this present age into a resurrection with my Savior. (Don't take this too far - I don't equate Summer with going to Hell.)

Today, take a moment and contemplate the beauty of this season. Think about our Lord's resurrection, and the glorious future we have with Him.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------