Thursday, June 26, 2014

Abiding in Christ - Confident



We are continuing in the study of what Abiding in Christ means, we have come to the understanding that abiding in Christ means that a person walks and is in fellowship with Him. We already noted the words of the prophet Amos - "Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" If we are in fellowship with God, we are walking with Christ in an intimate and continual way. Jesus is coming back, and the question is whether we will be ashamed when we stand before Him.

1 John 2:28 - "So now, little children, remain in Him, so that when He appears we may have boldness and not be ashamed before Him at His coming."

When we seek to continue to abide in Christ now, by leaving the habitual, continual sinful lifestyles behind, by confessing and forsaking sin - this gives us a confidence. We possess a confidence and unashamedness in life that prepares us for eternity.

I know, when Jesus comes back, I want to be able to stand unashamed before Him. By my own righteousness? Of course not. By the righteousness of Jesus that I have because I am abiding in Him. I can live my life today not fearing His Return, because I am already abiding in Him day by day.

Today, as we muse over the fact that Jesus is coming again - consider, is there anything in my life that would cause me to be ashamed to look Him in the eye? If there is - I need to get rid of it now, and keep it out. Abide in Christ so that we can stand unashamed and confident before Him.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------