Thursday, June 19, 2014

Abiding in Christ - Koinonia



John 17: 21 - 23 (KJV): "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me."

We are continuing in the study of what Abiding in Christ means, we have come to the understanding that abiding in Christ means that a person walks and is in fellowship with Him. We already noted the words of the prophet Amos - "Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" If we are in fellowship with God, we are walking with Christ in an intimate and continual way. Our verses at the start, John 17: 21-23, remind us that abiding in Christ means that we live in love, unity, and fellowship with other believers.

Jesus and the Father lived in perfect fellowship with One another. They have perfect harmony. They have perfect unity. And, this is Jesus prayer (part of His High Priestly prayer in John 17) for all of the believers. That's you and me. Notice, He prays the we "may be one, even as we are one...." We are to seek to be just like Christ, and if we dwell in Him, we need to be in unity and harmony with our fellow believers.

Today, consider how you have been doing in the fellowship with other believers part. Are you at odds with anyone? Is there a quarrelsome relationship going on? If so, what would God have you to do to make it right. It is not up to the other person, it is up to each of us to do what  God has shown us - and He will take care of the other person.


No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------