Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Benefits and blessings




August 22

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 119:49 – 104

Verse of the Day: Psalm 119:99 – “I have more understanding than all my teachers; For thy testimonies are my meditation.”

As we read these verses yesterday, today, and tomorrow, we see many blessings and benefits that from following the Word of God. Our verse today speaks of our having understanding, verses 50 and 52 speak of comfort in suffering, verse 62 speaks of having a thankful heart, verse 101 gives insight into having power to resist sin, many voice the picture of joy (77, 92, and others). Some lead us to a clean life, and thus no shame, His Word will lead us to personal revival in our lives and true freedom. As you meditate upon this Psalm, see how many different blessings and/or benefits that you can find.

Prayer: O Lord God, as I meditate upon Your Word, I not only see what is wrong in my life, I also see what blessings and benefits You give me when I apply Your Word to my day-to-day walk. Thanks for them all! Amen. 







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------