Thursday, March 9, 2017

Where Will Revival Start? #3


In a few days, the church I am Transitional Pastor at will begin a series of five meetings on Revival. We are privileged to have a student from Southwestern Theological Seminary come and lead our services. We began praying for God to move in our hearts back in January and will continue to pray for Him to ignite the fire in each of us. we have been praying for Eric Dyer as he is preparing his heart and messages to come be with us. Over the next few days of devotions, I will be sharing some thoughts about revival.

Let us continue to consider a verse often used for a call to revival. While the context is focused upon Israel, the truths can apply to us today.

2 Chron. 7:14 - "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

Continuing our thoughts, we must commit to purity if we really are seeking Revival. The passage tells us to humble ourselves, seek the face of God, “And turn from your wicked ways.” This phrase in the New Testament is summed up in only one word - repentance!

Hear what God says in His Word - 

Psalm 66:18 “If I regard sin in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.”
Isaiah 59:2 “Your sins have hidden His face from you so He cannot hear you.”
1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

So it is high time for us to look at our own lives and ask how are we doing? What are we allowing to linger in our hearts? What have we tried to hide from an all-knowing, all-seeing God? Have we confessed them to Him? Are we willing to let Him clean us up?

If we conquer pride, continue in prayer, and commit to purity – we will have revival!

Prayer: Spirit of the Living God, empower me to turn from the evil in my life. I am sinful, and I need Your cleansing power. Cleanse me and make me whole. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------