Saturday, March 11, 2017

Where Will Revival start? #5


In a few days, the church I am Transitional Pastor at will begin a series of five meetings on Revival. We are privileged to have a student from Southwestern Theological Seminary come and lead our services. We began praying for God to move in our hearts back in January and will continue to pray for Him to ignite the fire in each of us. we have been praying for Eric Dyer as he is preparing his heart and messages to come be with us. Over the next few days of devotions, I will be sharing some thoughts about revival.

Psalms 85:6-7 - "Will You not revive us again so that Your people may rejoice in You? Show us Your faithful love, Lord, and give us Your salvation."


So, today as we are fast approaching the start of our meetings, let us consider just what is Revival? First of all, it is not:
  • Evangelism even though many may be saved as a result of it.
  • Emotionalism although there may be emotional manifestations connected to it.

But, it is:
  • A renewal of spiritual life in an individual or among a group of people. 
  • Webster defines it as “a bringing or coming back into use, restoration to vigor or activity, a stirring up of religious faith.” Revival is a fresh work of the Spirit of God among those who have already accepted Christ as their Savior.

So, tomorrow we will muse on when is revival needed?

Prayer: Open my eyes that I might see, open my ears that I might hear, open my heart that I might care, open my mind that I might know --- Father, touch me and set my soul afire for You. Light the spark in my heart to shine forth Your love and word to those around me. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------