Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Building Birdhouses with God



Psalm 127:1 (CSB) Unless the Lord builds a house, its builders labor over it in vain; unless the Lord watches over a city, the watchman stays alert in vain.


Recently, my grandchildren came and stayed while they were on Easter break from school. Wesley, my grandson, had said in the past that he wanted to build a birdhouse when he came. So, what would any grandfather do - we built a birdhouse.

Now, for those who know me, they know that I am about as handy with tools as a blind proofreader. So, my wife and I sought out a kit that I would be able to do with him. we checked all the home improvement stores in the area, and no one had a kit that we could do. So, going to Amazon.com, we were able to find a kit that would work - however, we weren't sure it would arrive in time. My daughter, Grace, was able to order it for us and it did come on Monday, just in time.

Wes and I worked off and on all day Tuesday in gluing, nailing, and putting this little house together. We has a glorious time working together on this project. He did a great job selecting his paints and was able to produce a cute birdhouse to take home with him.

As I thought back over that experience, I realized how much my Heavenly Father enjoys working with me on the projects in my life (and at times, I can really be a project for Him to work on). Will I do everything exactly perfect? No. However, with Him reading to me the directions (the Bible), I can begin to work on the project He has for me. He even let's me choose the right "paints" at time to make it original with me.

I don't know who had more fun, Wes or me, and that made me stop and think, when I work under God's direction, who enjoys it more? Me or Him? Ponder on that today.



Prayer: Father, I want to work on some projects in my life with You. Guide me and give me Your directions. I praise You. In Your Precious Son's Name, Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------