Friday, April 21, 2017

Step 1 to Fearlessness

In the Old Testament, we find recorded the account of King Jehoshaphat and his nation were faced with a vast and unnumbered set of armies bent on their destruction (2 Chron.  2:20). Talk about a massive challenge - I can truly say I have not had to face such a challenge yet in my life. However, in preparation for any large challenges, I can learn from the 5 steps to fearlessness that this King took.

The first thing he did (and so should we), was to take his problem to God. In 2 Chon. 20:3-4 (NLT) we read, "Jehoshaphat was terrified by this news and begged the Lord for guidance. He also ordered everyone in Judah to begin fasting. So people from all the towns of Judah came to Jerusalem to seek the Lord’s help."

When informed of the approaching destructive forces, Jehoshaphat went immediately to God. Question: Is that what we do? How often do we seek to handle all things by ourselves? We almost can be heard saying, "That's OK God, I've got this." And the results? Well, we usually fail, and our stress levels sky-rocket. When we feel stress build, when we are facing a challenge, no matter how small we might think it is, how big it is, we should always start by going to God first.

Today, as you go through the day, pause and see how many times you face trials and struggles on your own. Perhaps, if we turned to God first, we might find the fearlessness and faith to combat the issues.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, You care for me. You want me to bring everything in my life before You. Help me to learn to come to You first. To bring all my stress and challenges to You, and You alone. And then, help me have eyes to see how You work on my behalf. Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------