Sunday, April 23, 2017

Step 3 to Fearlessness

Continuing in our study in the Old Testament account of King Jehoshaphat and his nation facing a vast and unnumbered set of armies bent on their destruction (2 Chron. 2:20). We see a massive challenge - I can truly say I have not had to face such a challenge yet in my life. However, in preparation for any large challenges, I can learn from the 5 steps to fearlessness that this King took.

We have viewed steps 1 and 2 - Take our problems to God, and turn to God for the answers to our problems. Next, let us see the 3rd step that Jehoshaphat took toward fearlessness - Remember the battle is the Lord's, not ours. Look at what 2 Chron. 20:15 (NLT) says - "He said, “Listen, all you people of Judah and Jerusalem! Listen, King Jehoshaphat! This is what the Lord says: Do not be afraid! Don’t be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God’s."

Do you realize that the battles we face on a daily basis are not designed for us to fight? We need to see that in the great cosmic battle for our souls, the battle is God's battle. when we are faced with trials and problems that begin to stress us out, we need to turn to God and give Him the control of the battle. He is more than willing to fight for us - if we will let Him. The Psalmist in Psalm 91:14-15 states it so clearly - "The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them."

Why do we so foolishly take on God's battles, when He is so willing to fight them? we need to recognize the truth of the matter and let Him be God.

Prayer: Father, You are God, and I'm not. Today, I relinquish my control over my life, my problems, my issues. The battle belongs to You, I let You have control. Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------