Monday, April 24, 2017

Step 4 to Fearlessness

Continuing in our study in the Old Testament account of King Jehoshaphat and his nation facing a vast and unnumbered set of armies bent on their destruction (2 Chron. 2:20). We see a massive challenge - I can truly say I have not had to face such a challenge yet in my life. However, in preparation for any large challenges, I can learn from the 5 steps to fearlessness that this King took.

Step 1 - Take your problems to God.
Step 2 - Turn to God for the answers.
Step 3 - Remember the battle is God's, not yours.
Step 4 - With God be fearless.

"Tomorrow, march out against them. You will find them coming up through the ascent of Ziz at the end of the valley that opens into the wilderness of Jeruel. But you will not even need to fight. Take your positions; then stand still and watch the Lord’s victory. He is with you, O people of Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid or discouraged. Go out against them tomorrow, for the Lord is with you!” (2 Chron. 20:16-17, NLT). We can face our problems with a strong courage when we understand the fact that when we are following His plan and He is leading the fight.

Don't take back the control, follow Him even when we may not understand how this will work (remember Joshua and the Battle of Jericho). We can walk without stress when we truly place it in the Lord's hands.

Prayer: Jesus, Captain of the Hosts, I place my trust in You. I place my problem of ____________ in your hand, and I leave it there. I will follow Your lead, I will go with You. I need not fear anything, because You are fighting the battle for me. Amen.



  

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------