Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Jeremiah 33:3



Recently my wife and I went to Smithfield, VA to take care of our four grandchildren. One morning as I was working on grading papers for the courses I teach, I could hear my youngest grandchild, Annabelle, constantly saying - "Grandma, this" or "Grandma, that." She was calling out to her grandmother over and over to show her things, ask her things, or to get her to do things for her. And, I listened as my wife always replied in the most loving and caring tone of voice to everything Annabelle would say.

As I listened, I thought about this verse of Scripture in Jeremiah. God is telling us that we have the freedom to call on Him, just as Annabelle was calling on my wife. And He assures us that just as Linda responded every time to Annabelle, God says He will respond to us also. 

How often do we call out to God on a daily basis? How often do we talk with Him? Annabelle doesn't think for a second to call out to one she knows loves her and cares for her. We need to be as little children ("Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children." Mark 10:14 NLT) and trust and talk to our Heavenly Father on a regular basis.

"Grandma, where is my......" Think of the relationship that we can have with our loving Heavenly Father.

Prayer: Father, may I learn to speak to You and bring all my thoughts and needs to You. Just as earthly Grandparents will spend time loving and caring, You will do the same for me. I came as Your child, and I focus on You today. Amen.





No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------