Wednesday, August 15, 2018

All




August 15

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 103 – 104

Verse of the Day: Psalm 103:1 – 3 – “Bless Jehovah, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless Jehovah, O my soul, And forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; Who healeth all thy diseases;”

I love this song of David. The idea of blessing the Lord here is a reminder that God is the source of all blessings. In fact, part of why I love this Psalm is that little word “all.” When we say that we have “all” of something, that means that there is nothing left out. Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Notice here that David lists three things that God has given us – in entirety, you know – “all.” He says for us not to forget His benefits. How many? All. How much of our sin? All. How much of my sins? All.

And in turn, there is one “all” applied to us. See it? “All that is within me.” Because of what God has done for me, I must remember and praise Him.

Prayer: Bless Jehovah, O my soul. Amen.









No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------