Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Thoughts about Spring #1


"Ask rain from the Lord in the season of the spring rain, from the Lord who makes the storm clouds, and he will give them showers of rain, to everyone the vegetation in the field." Zechariah 10:1 (ESV)

 Tomorrow on the calendar is the first official day of Spring.For a number of days now, I have been enjoying the trees budding and blooming, the Daffodils with their beautiful yellow heads standing up and showing forth that the time of year is one of renewal.

Living now in the south, my grass stays a dull tan all winter long. with the buds and blooms starting to show, I know in the near future my lawn will once again be a beautiful apple-green. What has looked as dead for months now, will take on the appearance of life. And, actually, not just the appearance, but full bodied life. The birds have been returning to my feeders. The Finches and Wrens are eating and preparing their nests. The Robins are back. As I work in my Study, I am able to leave the Patio doors open, and enjoy the sound of the breeze, birds, and bright, happy people as they enjoy the coming warmth.

We have been blessed with some rain recently, and as the prophet above speaks, this is from God to help the vegetation blossom and provide for us. Without rain, we would not see the vegetation "green up" around us.  Without rain the animals would soon be seeking water in dried up streams. Without rain, the beauty of God's creation would look like a winter/desert scene all the time.

So, even though at times we consider the rain as a nuisance (if we have planned a picnic, for example) we can see that in God's great plan, rain is necessary. I have a note on my desk that reads, "If you pray for rain, be ready for the mud." It reminds me that often when I am praying for that which will bless and I will enjoy, that the "mud" of life comes with it. It is all how I chose to look atit - a blessing, or a bust.

Today, whatever your "weather," consider how that God can and will use it for your good. See how many ways you can link to His blessings.

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------