Monday, September 22, 2014

Level Ground




The old song - "The Foot of the Cross" by Stephen Phillips chorus says - "The ground is level at the foot of the cross. Anyone may come there for there is no cost, Rich man or poor man, bonded or free. The ground was leveled that day at Calvary."

When Jesus sent the Holy Spirit, all distinctions were swept away. All places and person were shown to be equal before God. No one is singled out due to race, gender, economic status, political affiliation, intelligence, educational level, - well, anything you can think of as a divided. We have discovered that all persons are equal before God - We are all sinners.

I am a sinner. It is vital that I hold that truth in my thoughts. Because, it is because I am a sinner that the Lord Jesus Christ stepped out of heaven, was born in a barn, laid in a feeding trough, and was beaten, scourged, and crucified. He did it all, because it was the only way to be both Just and the Justifier. Does it hurt my self-image to say I'm a sinner? Yes, and that is good - because it reminds me of how bad I am and how good He is.

Today, I am going to muse over the fact that I need a Savior. I need my sins to be removed. Not just the day (April 1962) that I professed Him, but daily. I am a sinner in need of grace. I have a Savior who gives me that grace.

(BTW - I hope I am not breaking any new thought to you - but - you are a sinner too. Muse over the grace He has for you.)



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------