Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Chastisement and after



October 30

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 27 - 28

Verse of the Day: Jeremiah 27:22 – “They shall be carried to Babylon, and there shall they be, until the day that I visit them, saith Jehovah; then will I bring them up, and restore them to this place.”

As I read this passage in Jeremiah, I stopped to think about the implications from this verse. Historically, God was speaking to the nation that they would go into captivity in the nation of Babylon – a message the people refused to heed.

But, as I meditated upon the passage, this verse came to me and I saw in it the hope and blessing of God. Sometimes He needs to chastise us for the wrong in our lives. Sometimes, the chastisement seems severe (and is). But, God’s purpose is to bring us back to Him. He used Babylon to capture His people, but all along He had planned to restore them. He does the same for us today.

Prayer: Loving Father, I do not enjoy Your chastening, but I know it is for my good. Amen.







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------