Friday, October 12, 2018

Engraved on His Hands




October 12

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 48 - 49

Verse of the Day: Isaiah 49:16 – “Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.”

I know that this verse probably deals with the Ephod that God had made for the High Priest. However, every time I read and meditate on this verse, I think about Jesus, my Savior.

A lady at one of the churches once asked me what the only man-made thing was that would be in Heaven. I didn’t know. She smiled and said the nail holes in Jesus’ hands.

When I read this verse, I pause and think about the truth that I am engraved on the hand of Jesus. That nail-hole is there because of me – it paid my debt. I am redeemed and restored because of the crucifixion. I am God’s child because of the wounds of my Savior.

Prayer: Precious Wounded Savior, thank You that You were willing to come and die in my place. Thank You that You rose again to release me from bondage. Thank You. Amen.








No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------