Wednesday, October 10, 2018

God Forgets



October 10

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 43 - 44

Verse of the Day: Isaiah 43:25 – “I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake; and I will not remember thy sins.” 

One thing that God makes clear in His Word is that He is selectively forgetful. And, I for one am greatly relieved that He is.

When I come to God after I have sinned – either by doing something, or not doing something I should have – I am reassured by the Bible that the Omniscient (All-Knowing) God can choose to forget some things. In this verse in Isaiah (and others in the Psalms) we find that when we come to God in repentance for what we have done (or not done), He is faithful to forgive us, and even better, to forget the sin.

I can stand before God pure and holy because of Jesus Christ – His blood has cleansed me from all sin – and God has forgotten they exist.

Prayer: Righteous and Holy God, thank You that You have chosen to forgive me. Amen.






No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------