Friday, October 26, 2018

The Potter's House



October 26

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 17 - 19

Verse of the Day: Jeremiah 18:6 – “O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith Jehovah. Behold, as the clay in the potter's hand, so are ye in my hand, O house of Israel.”

Jeremiah was commanded by God to go to the Potter’s House to learn a lesson. This lesson was that God is the Potter and we are the clay. He molds and decides what we are to be. The clay is useless as it starts – a lump. But in the skilled hands of the Potter the clay begins to take shape, and then it is placed in the fire.

God is so committed to our being molded and prepared for service that He will place us in the “fire” to be changed. From useless clay to platters, pots, pitchers, bowls, vases, and much more. Let Him use the fire of the kiln in your life change you for His great usefulness.

Prayer: O, Great Potter, I yield my life and circumstances to You today. Mold me, shape me, and finish me into what is Your final product for service to You for now and all eternity. Praise You God. Amen.







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------