Sunday, October 28, 2018

To Know God



October 28

Daily Bible Reading: Jeremiah 23 - 24

Verse of the Day: Jeremiah 24:7 – “And I will give them a heart to know me, that I am Jehovah: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God; for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.”

Jeremiah is echoing the concept found throughout the Bible that the only way that person can be changed for the better is through knowing God.

We try to do better, we seek to turn over a new leaf, or we try to pull ourselves up by our own bootstraps – all to no avail.

All the self-help books in the libraries and bookstores do not offer the only guaranteed method of change. Only the Bible shows us what it is. To understand and know God personally.

Prayer: God, I want to know You. I want to be close to You. I want to understand and follow Your ways. Today, as I commit to spending time in Your Word, direct and guide me. I know You will lead me. Amen.







No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------