Saturday, August 15, 2020

Proverbs for Living - 15


Proverbs 15:13 (CSB) - "A joyful heart makes a face cheerful, but a sad heart produces a broken spirit."

I like the way that Peterson translated this verse in The Message. He writes it as, "A cheerful heart brings a smile to your face; a sad heart makes it hard to get through the day." In other words, a happy heart is reflected in a happy face. The children's song reminds us that if we are happy then our face will surely show it. What does your face show?

Now, this is not a promise that everything is going to be the way you like it to go. But, you will have a peace that passes understanding when the Holy Spirit indwells you, Jesus is the Lord of your life, and this, in turn, will radiate from your face. The face is the mirror of what is in the soul.

Think about it for a moment. When you tell someone that Jesus is the answer, that He lives in you, that He can meet the greatest need in their lives - does your face radiate this glorious news, or does it send another message?

As my wife will remind me when I get so caught up in my thoughts about a situation - "Smile, God loves you, and so do I." Can you let your face speak those words to everyone who sees you?

Prayer: Spirit of Peace and Comfort, shine through my face for all to see that You live in my life. I have given you my soul, my spirit, my life - may they reflect the glory of Your presence in all that I do, and in my face. May I radiate Jesus! Amen.




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------