Saturday, August 22, 2020

Proverbs for Living - 22




Proverbs 22:1 (CSB) - "A good name is to be chosen over great wealth; favor is better than silver and gold."

In this chapter of the Proverbs, we can muse over the concept of having credibility with God and man. It is important to build our personal character. If people do not believe in you, it really doesn't matter how well you speak or perform. If people cannot believe in you, your word is worthless and your character is flawed. Thus, it ultimately doesn't matter what you accomplish or accumulate in life. We are considering this from the first three words of the chapter - "A good name." Consider 8 points in this chapter ---
  1. We must get our priorities in order - verse 1. (How is our relationship with God and man?)
  2. We must develop a Christian worldview - verse 2. (What is our basic philosophy for life?)
  3. We must have a Biblical plan for success - verse 3. (How do we order our time, plan our actions and spiritual habits?)
  4. We must develop a good attitude toward others - verse 4. (How is our fellowship with fellow saints - and with non-believers?)
  5. We must learn good parenting - verses 6, 15. (How can I truly be successful in the world if I am not successful as a parent at home?)
  6. We must observe prudent business practices - verse 7. (What is my view of money - does it override honest and true business practice?)
  7. We must learn to be diligent - verse 13, 16, 26-27. (Am I using excuses for my laziness? Why do I not seek to do what I know I should do?)
  8. We must practice Biblical morality - verse 14. (Do I take a stand for what is right and moral?
Prayer: Teacher of all Truth, Most Holy Spirit, come into my life, shape my mind with the truth that You bring into my soul. Help me to conform and be credible with both God and man. May my life be one that shines forth truth. May I walk in the way that You have set before me. Amen.  




No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------