Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Proverbs for Living - 5

Proverbs 5:9-14 (CSV) - "Otherwise, you will give up your vitality to others and your years to someone cruel; strangers will drain your resources, and your hard-earned pay will end up in a foreigner’s house. At the end of your life, you will lament when your physical body has been consumed, and you will say, “How I hated discipline, and how my heart despised correction. I didn’t obey my teachers or listen closely to my instructors. I am on the verge of complete ruin before the entire community.”

We are seeing that God wants everyone to be successful. However, this is not what the media preachers often distort. The success in the eyes of God may entail obscurity. Consider that our Lord was laid in a borrowed cradle (manger) and ended up in a borrowed tomb. Paul died a martyr in a Roman prison. Proverbs reveals to us God's plan for a successful life, successful family, home, church, and society.

The family is under attack. The idea of the traditional biblical family is being ridiculed and destroyed in our society. When I refer to the traditional family, I am speaking of a man and woman (with or without children) legally married living together. It could include a widow or widower, it is a family established and set apart in God's way.

In our verses above, we see the high cost of low living. When we live contrary to God's direction, we will pay a price. We can lose our health. Our lives can be shortened. Our honor, self-respect, and possibly even our testimony as a Christian. Verse 10 speaks about losing our money. In verses 12-13, we see that rebellion leads to pain. In other words, why didn't I listen. By listening to God, the chastisement and disaster could have been avoided. 

Maybe you are thinking, it's too late. I have already failed. My life is wrecked.  Well, the best message is that we have a God of forgiveness. You are thinking, I have already ---- we have a God who forgives. When God forgives, He forgets. If you have fallen, come to Him. He awaits with open arms to forgive, clean you up, and set you on the right path. If you haven't fallen, take heed to this message. God is watching every act, deed, word, and thought that we have.

Only one life, twill soon be passed. Only what's done for Christ will last. Take heed to our study in Proverbs, it will guide us to live successfully.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, today I am pausing to make sure that everything between You and me is right. I look closely at my heart, my mind, and my actions. I come confessing where I have failed. I come to receive Your forgiveness and cleansing. I come renouncing all that I have done contrary to Your Word. In repentance, I seek restoration. Amen. 





 

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------