Saturday, August 8, 2020

Proverbs for Living - 8

Proverbs 8:32-36 (CSV) - "And now, sons, listen to me; those who keep my ways are happy. Listen to instruction and be wise; don’t ignore it. Anyone who listens to me is happy, watching at my doors every day, waiting by the posts of my doorway. For the one who finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord, but the one who misses me harms himself; all who hate me love death.”

We are going through the book of Proverbs and seeing how God teaches us about successful living. We saw that this entails living in the will of God. Wisdom is seeing things from God's perspective, God's point of view. 

In 1 Cor. 1:30 (CSV)  we learn that Jesus is wisdom personified. Paul states there "It is from him that you are in Christ Jesus, who became wisdom from God for us—our righteousness, sanctification, and redemption." Therefore, He is all I need and just what I need. We understand that Jesus is truth personified (John 14:6) and thus all truth that is in the Universe is Jesus Christ. Also, in verses 22-31 of this chapter tells us that wisdom (Christ) is eternal. He was, is, and ever will be. The child was born in Bethlehem, but the Son has always been with the Father since before time (John 1:1-14).

We can enjoy the continual blessings of God on us as we "keep His ways" (vs. 32), as we listen to instruction (vs. 33), and the bottom line is in verse 35 - "For the one who finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord, but the one who misses me harms himself; all who hate me love death.”

Prayer: Jesus, the Wisdom of God personified, teach me Your Word, Your Truth, Your Way. May I continually grow in the knowledge and understanding of You. Amen.



  

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------