Proverbs 31:10 (CSB) - "Who can find a wife of noble character? She is far more precious than jewels."
The writer (believed to be Solomon under a "pet name" from his mother) ends this book with a description of a virtuous or noble woman. Too many try to say that the Bible is anti-woman. The Scriptures hold women up in very high standing. Consider Eve, she is called the mother of all living. Consider that Christ enters the world through a woman. One of His last acts before dying was to make sure His earthly mother was taken care of.
So, read this passage again and again. See the picture of a godly woman. Ladies, this is something to strive for. Men, this is something to look and praise ladies for.
- Verses 1-9 explains that a Godly Woman is a Teacher.
- Verse 10 speaks to the fact that a Godly Woman is Virtuous.
- Verse 11 pictures a Godly Woman as Trustworthy.
- Verse 13-15 emphasizes that a Godly Woman is Diligent.
- Verses 16-18 state that a Godly Woman is Frugal.
- Verses 19-20 picture her as Compassionate.
- Verses 21-23 show us that a Godly Woman has Dignity.
- Verse 25 reminds us that a Godly Woman is Strong.
- Verse 26 teaches us that a Godly Woman is a Counselor.
- And, verses 28-31 calls to us to Revere a Godly Woman.
I believe that I have found one of the noble women in my wife, Linda. And, I believe that she worked at being an example for my three daughters of what a Virtuous Woman should be in all areas of their lives.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for this book of Proverbs. Thank You that You have provided many lessons of living in its pages. May we take the lessons we have gleaned from these pages and apply them to our lives. May we walk in wisdom for the remainder of our days. Amen.