Wednesday, January 25, 2017

A Respite and Retreat - Part 2



I like the way that the Message version of the Bible translates Psalm 121:1 -2. It says, "I look up to the mountains; does my strength come from mountains? No, my strength comes from God, who made heaven, and earth, and mountains."

In our time away, Linda and I have been able to meditate upon the beauty of God's Creation and marvel over the fact that God is grander than all we see. In the cabin, we have been able to look out over a small valley, and unto a small mountain on the other side. During the day we have watched birds soaring, and after dark when we were returning back up to the cabin, we watched as three deer fed and returned into the woods.

Peaceful. Relaxing. And a great reminder that our strength, our protection comes not from creation, but from the Creator who made all of this. Too often we try to find the answers, try to find encouragement, try to find strength in the things we can see around us. But, the One who created it all is the One who gives true responses, true encouragement, true strength, true peace in a very restless world.

It is so important that we take the time to focus on the Lord Jesus Christ and pay attention to his call - "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matt. 11:28, ESV)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I pause to consider how Great You are. As I relax and view Your Creation, I see splendor, I see majesty, I see beauty, I see a glimpse of You. I ponder that if this world holds such splendor and majesty, what must Heaven be like. I must praise You for Your great provision by Your Son to bring me into the family, to cleanse me from my sin, to forgive, to remove, to robe me in His Righteousness. Father, today I rest in Your arms and feel Your heartbeat. Prepare me for the tasks You have before me. In Jesus' precious name I pray - Amen.



No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------