Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Correct Attitude on Self - Part 2

Greetings:

"For by the grace given to me..." Romans 12:3a

Grace. A word that I love. The idea of getting something I don't deserve. I'm one who strives to achieve. I want the award. I want to win. I want to be first. But, to get something that I don't deserve - wow.

Paul is speaking here of the effect of grace, the practical deed of grace - the power and equipment for ministry. He was given - it was free. It was a gift of God that gave Paul the ability and the will to do what God had called him to do. God does the same for us. He has called us to be teachers. And, what I like about God is that He never calls us to do something and then just ignore us. No, when He calls us He equips us. And He does it for free. The effect of God's Grace to me as a teacher is the power and equipment to teach.

Today, if you feel that you are struggling to be what God has called you to be - remember, it is not you, but Him who equips and outfits - who powers and provides so that you can accomplish what He sets up.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------