Friday, March 21, 2008

Correct Attitude on Self - Part 4

Greetings:

This is Good Friday. As we reflect upon the Cross today, let us never forget the Empty Tomb! As we go through life's struggles - for the CHristian there is always a Resurrection coming.

“Now as we have many parts in one body, and all the parts do not have the same function” (Romans 12:4, HCSB)

Paul is saying simply – we are all different. Different hair, skin color, size, age, education, background, etc. God uniquely creates each one of us for a purpose in this life. Psalm 139: 14 tells us that we are “remarkably and wonderfully made” by God. Jer. 29:11 tells us that God has a plan for us. In the first verse of chapter one in Jeremiah, God reminds us that He has designed us for His plan and purpose. Moreover, for each of us, it is different.

I’m glad that He has designed, made, and equipped each of us for our particular part of His plan. When I accept this, first, it allows me to be me. Second, it allows you to be you. I don’t need to compare myself to you – or vice versa. God only wants me to be the best me I can be. And the same for you.

Today, celebrate the difference. Find ways that you are different from others and praise God for it. Find ways that others are different and praise God for it. And then, go tell others how you appreciate their difference.

For Kingdom Education,
Doc

No comments:

Bible Gateway Scripture

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible



BibleGateway.com
Include this form on your page
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------